Learning for Life
Poulner Infant School strives to make children confident and creative builders of their future, with a desire to learn. Our dedicated, well-qualified and enthusiastic staff provide a broad and balanced education.
Our children are encouraged to meet academic challenges with openness, enthusiasm and a willingness to solve problems. We aim to have an atmosphere of cooperation, with respect for community values and individual differences. We understand the need to equip children with the knowledge, skills, and disposition to continue their education and become personally fulfilled, independent, socially responsible adults.
This is the beginning of a partnership in which we are committed to do the best for you and your child. Our aim is to create a happy and secure environment, where your child is encouraged to achieve his or her potential.
This website is intended to be an initial introduction to our school and to provide a flavour of what we do. If you would like to visit the school, or require more detailed information, please contact the school office.
We are very proud of our school and we look forward to welcoming you and we hope you will take a few minutes to read our Vision and Mission Statement below.
Mrs J Conner
POULNER INFANT SCHOOL
Vision & Mission
‘Learning for LIFE’
‘Great Learning is at the heart of who we are and what we do and what we strive to achieve’.
We recognise that we are all LEARNERS
· We teach children to become proficient in the ‘habits of learning’ through our Poulner Learning Heroes.
· We enable children to become independent, responsible, resilient and collaborative learners, who relish the challenge of learning wherever it may be.
We aim to INSPIRE
· Our stimulating learning environment is well-resourced and our integrated curriculum provides an engaging and challenging experience for all our children.
· We offer a broad range of purposeful learning opportunities which motivate all children to succeed.
We are a FAMILY
· Our school family is built on our ethos of responsibility, respect, support and encouragement.
· We provide a nurturing and safe environment that creates happy and secure children who understand their role as citizens in the wider community.
We believe in EXCELLENCE
· All our children have the opportunity to experience success and achieve high standards in the curriculum.
· We make it possible for everyone to become leaders of their own lives, adopting healthy lifestyles and extending themselves in mind, spirit and body.
We aim to achieve this whatever it takes!